Tuesday, May 23, 2006

NOAH Dialogue

Recently I received an email from SEC regarding a dialogue session for the heavily debated Project NOAH.

Here's what the email says:

"Dear All,

Following on from our discussion on 12th April, at NSS, I mentioned that SEC will organize a follow up dialogue session to provide more clarity as to the NOAH project as well as to engage all concerned groups and steer the project forward in a constructive manner. Well I must apologize for the delay as Earth Day saw us committed with a whole bunch of projects and events, as usual. Anyway, we have finally arranged a session. Details are as follows:

Date: Thursday, 25th May
Time: 7pm
Venue: Hilton, Level 3, Vista 2 & 3

DRAFT AGENDA

1) Introductions
2) Brief Recap of NOAH Project as presented 12th April
3) Q & A / Feedback Session
4) Open discussion
· Collaboration
· Working towards a Blue Water Plan

It's rather a pity that I would not be able to attend since I am in Thailand but gosh golly wow, they're having the meeting at the Hilton hotel! That's sure a big step up from the previous meeting at NSS' headquarters with grapes and bananas kindly provided by Vilma. I wonder how much the meeting room cost...

Really quite a pity I would be missing out on such a luxurious dialogue session afterall!

On the other hand, I wonder if this is an open dialogue session where anybody can attend. In case you are wondering why SEC is organizing the session, that's because SEC has declared themselves the secretariat for the project. The middleman, the go-between, the money bearer, and well that's essentially what SEC was originally set up to do anyways. Or at least that's what I heard. Please correct me (gently) if I'm wrong.

No comments: