Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Recent Photos

Have been uploading quite a bit of photos on Flickr but no time to blog about it so figured I'll share the photos first, stories can wait.

View from Butterfly Hill Pulau Ubin @ Hungry Ghost Festival
Includes visits to Butterfly Hill, otherwise known as Jelutong Hill or Jelutong Campsite. Looking more and more like ECP or Pasir Ris Park if you ask me. The hill is artificial. The area was a dumpground for Ho Man Chu quarry which it overlooks and the irony is that after years of creating holes on Ubin, now they're doing the opposite!

Goodbye Pulau Ubin @ Plant Survey
Includes pictures of baby wild boar, OBS land, Nparks officers, wayang stage, and angsana trees being cut down.

Gaming Queen World Cyber Games @ Suntec City
Didn't take many pictures but played xbox for the first time. That was cool! heh

Thai 1 Class Outing Thai class outing @ Marche
Photos of my thai class outing with my Thai teacher and her jap-thai son Toshi at Marche. Felt totally ripped off my marche because after trying to buy the cheapest food there (stirfry veggie with rice) they tell me that i didn't spend the min requirement of 10sgd and made me buy cookies. Shessh I could have gotten more food. After that went to archipelago breweries with duck and joe and we met singbrew because joe poured orange juice in her glass and it looked like beer turn bad. lol when are we going to paulaner? :P

Budak at play MMM @ National Day
It was pastries and board game day as the triple letter gang celebrated national day. We must do it again soon - especially since I bought new DVDs and somebody should invest in a set of Taboo!

Lucky Offspring Pedal Ubin @ 13 Aug
The most recent trip to Ubin was rewarding as spring tide exposed some glorious sights of Ubin. I also met this lucky offspring that is the newest addition to the Jelutong Coconut Stall Auntie's household! Lucky had an offspring! heh It was also my first time riding to Kampong Melayu proper. Only time I went that far in was with the Cookery Magic class.

No comments: